Queers, Coffee and Donuts: Back to School
Folks are headed back to school and we’re back to make more donuts! Come and enjoy QCD in the shop from 11am – 3pm (shop is open regular hours from 7am – 7pm). Come in wearing your queer back-to-school best if you want to dress to theme: think vests, plaid skirts, blazers, cardigans, Clueless-inspired looks or whatever makes you want to hit the books.
Virginia’s delicious homemade donuts will go fast along with the gluten-free and vegan donuts from Erin McKenna. Come early for the donuts and stay late for the great conversations. We’ll also have coffee, tea and espresso drinks along with cold brew and iced tea to keep you cool. $1 cups of coffee for the community from 11am – 3pm and all other menu items are à la cart.
We love seeing you trade digits ^_~. We’ll have calling cards out on the tables so you can share your info or jot down an email address for that cutie you just met.
A few things to remember:
1. Queers and allies are welcome. LGBTQIA+!
2. All ages are welcome.
3. Dress in whatever makes you feel your best but please keep shirts, shorts and shoes on.
4. Don’t assume people’s pronouns: ask.
5. We are a consent positive space. Only touch others with their express permission and please ask before you take someone’s picture.
6. Substances – Please smoke on the sidewalk outside away from the building. This includes cigarettes, pipes and vaporizors. Being altered is no excuse for not being on your best behavior. Many community members are in recovery or choose not to imbibe so let’s be respectful of that.
7. This is a hate-speech free zone. Mircoaggressions aren’t cool either. We celebrate all bodies in this space so please no body shaming of oneself or others.
8. Transportation Info – Plenty of street and metered parking. The nearest metro stops are the Vermont/Beverly and Vermont/Santa Monica Red Line. The nearest buses are the 10/48, the 204 and the 754
9. Accessibility – Our shop is accessible including an ADA compliant and all gender restroom.
If you have any questions or concerns before, during or after the event don’t hesitate to find Iris, Virginia or Steve in person, text 323-200-9059, or email email@example.com.
Want to find out about more events like this one? Like our facebook page “Hi Cuties” http://bit.ly/26kY1Zc and subscribe to our newsletter for a weekly roundup and get access to our monthly event calendar at hicuties.com.